You may have noticed that recently it’s not been possible to use the ‘Save All Attachments..’ option in outlook to save multiple attachments to a network location. When you try to do so simply nothing happens.
This is a bug with Office 2016 versions after November 2017, there is currently no fix for this, Microsoft suggests one of two workarounds;
- Download the attachments one by one to a network share
- Download All attachments to a local folder and then copy the files over to the network location.
I’m sure you’re thinking the same thing I was… this isn’t really an acceptable solution and you are going to get a lot of moaning from users.
The only other option available to us is to downgrade the version of to a pre November 2017 release, this obviously isn’t an ideal solution but it’s the best we have, so to do this you need to
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator
- cd %programfiles%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ClickToRun
- officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.8625.2139
- A box will pop up to say ‘Downloading Office Updates…’
- Let the download finish
You should now be able to use the ‘Save All Attachments…’ option.